Sunday, February 7, 2010

Using false address to register for school? Illegal...?

I moved in my apartment in 2005, and the lady who lived here told me to keep her mail for a while. So I kept her mail to be nice, and it got really annoying when all of sudden my mail box is filled with junk for 6 people, who no longer live here. I started to forward her mail, and she got angry. She wanted to use my address to enroll her daughter to another school, outside the boundary. She came here to insult me and started to call me names. She went crazy! I reported her to the school district and told them she was harrasing me about it. I just didn't wanna be part of all that because I know using a false address is wrong. What's gonna happen to her now? Am I in trouble?Using false address to register for school? Illegal...?
No you would no be in trouble, the people using your address would be in trouble. If you want to get rid of the excess mail write on the envelope or what ever it is ';Does Not Live Here'; and ';Return to Sender'; The post office will stop bringing anyone's mail that does not live there to you. You could also go down to the post office and have them put a stop on all mail that does not have your name on it. Also talk to the mailman and have him/her tape a list of all people living in your apartment. As for the lady, I'd tell her to get a personal mail box or a post office box. If she continues to harrass you, file harassment charges against her and put a restraining order on her. You shouldn't have to worry about harrassment in your own apartment.Using false address to register for school? Illegal...?
You're not in trouble. You did the right thing. She is trying to commit fraud, and trying to make you an accomplice.


She probably won't get in trouble either, but her kids will have to go to the school in their district.
i dunno
All that will happen is the school will disenroll her daughter and now some woman is mad at you. In HS a friend of mine used her moms address when she lived with her dad to stay in the same school when she moved in with him. Her mom reported it and she just had to switch schools.





No one would ever bother to criminally charge for fraud on something like this unless there was something more to it and you would not be blamed for anything for forwarding her mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment