Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it illegal to give a Doctor/Others a False Address?

My ex (from 5 years ago), has really really bad credit. He NEVER lived with me, but while together he filled out alot of forms with MY address. After we broke up (he was abusive amoung other things). I had bill collectors calling me asking for him for months. It took me half a year to get them to stop calling and thats when I gave them his parents information.





Every so often I still get calls from bill collecters, but today I got a call from an Eye Doctor saying he did NOT pay his bill. Now I know for a FACT that he did not see an eye doctor while we were together, and the reciptionest said it was a recent appointment.





Five years later hes still giving out my address and phone number for when he doesnt plan on paying.





Am I able to do anything about this? I dont plan to sue him or even think he will get arrested... but I want to do something about this. It took me two years get his crap off MY credit score. I dont want to go through that again.





Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. Is it illegal to give a Doctor/Others a False Address?
While your ex could probably be charged with a ';theft of services'; type of crime. They are usually handled by a civil court through a lawsuit. This really won't help you.





In your case, it is probably time to change your telephone number and contact the credit reporting agencies to flag an improper use of your address. If you change your phone number be sure to get an unlisted and unpublished number so he can't find the new number. It beats the alternative of moving.Is it illegal to give a Doctor/Others a False Address?
The only one you can't lie to about where you live is law enforcement.
it is illegal to give a false address

No comments:

Post a Comment