Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it illegal to give a false address?

someone keeps having mail sent to my home in there name , is that illegalIs it illegal to give a false address?
Not illegal, but i would tell the postman that they do not live there. write across the mail ';not at this address';Is it illegal to give a false address?
Not in Ohio. I'm having the same problem. Only this chick went further...she gave my address AND phone number to all her creditors. I get calls from her college because she owes them money and I get calls from people wanting their student loans they gave her paid off and Cashland type places keep calling. I have no idea who this girl is and nobody I know knows her, either. I reported it to the police and the chief said it's not against the law but if I could find her, he would 'talk' to her. He looked her up in his system and can't even find anyone by that name in Ohio. I'm furious.





We've had our phone number for 11 years and our address has been this one for 6. The people who lived here before were elderly with grown children and they don't know her either. I've asked them. Bleh.
It depends on the circumstances. For example, if the person gives a false address and pays for a magazine subscription, there is no problem, but if he give a false address for voter registration or some other fraudulent purpose, that is a crime.
ask long as u know them and they pick up there mail and not leave it at your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment