Sunday, February 7, 2010

How can i remove myself from a false spam mailing address?

Some spam will allow you to respond with 'remove me from your list' or something.





On the other hand, responding to a spam lets them know that you are there - and they might ignore your request, and actually double their efforts to fill your inbox with garbage.





Most of the time I will try contacting their sysadmin or the service they get their mail through. Look at what it says after the @ in their e-mail address. Try sending to sysadmin@blahblahblah.whatver, or 'administrator', etc.





Worst case you can try to contact their e-mail provider directly, and report the abuse. Unfortunately some won't have anyone to report it to. If that is the case, then e-mail them back with 'If you persist in sending e-mails to this address despite my repeated requests that you stop, I will be forced to report you to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for harrassment, and when they locate you, I can promise you I will bring legal action against you to the fullest extent of the law.'





Unless they are really hardcore ******* (or don't read their incoming mail), this should get their attention.How can i remove myself from a false spam mailing address?
When you figure that out, you'll be rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment