Sunday, February 7, 2010

Someone is using a false email address of my company. How to stop them?

Someone is using inexistent email address of my company to send spams. And I know that because I receive all ';email failure notice, spam warnings, etc'; in my admin email. How can I stop that? They came up with many different emails always like ';something@mycompany.com';. What should I do? Yahoo does nothing (of course)... Please help me!!! ThanksSomeone is using a false email address of my company. How to stop them?
You need to use the Sender Policy Framework (SPF). Basically, SPF is a way to control which mail servers are allowed to send mail using your domain.





You can read more about SPF here: http://www.openspf.org . It may seem complicated, especially if you're not familiar with DNS, but it's not too hard to set up.





Check with your email host to see if they support SPF (they should!). I use GoDaddy.com for my domain's email, and it was pretty easy for me to edit my own DNS records to setup up SPF. Once I did, the spam being sent on my domain's behalf stopped.





You may also want to put a note on your home page (if applicable) telling people that if they receive spam that appears to come from you, it isn't actually from you, and that you're doing something about it.Someone is using a false email address of my company. How to stop them?
you should close those un-used e-mail box such that no one can use them.





Ensure your servers and clients platform have internet security suite which can filter all incoming spam or junk mail.





You should file your complaint to http://www.ic3.gov/
Get a Email Spam protection program.


Switch to Gmail


Create rules so that only the existing emails of your company are considered as legit, all other with your company name are spam.





That's all I can think of





Good luck fighting it.





Also, This spam could be due to a trojan on someone's computer at your company.
  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment